Myofascial Cupping Level 1
The Myofascial Cupping technique provides profound benefits for your clients, particularly with assisting the body in maintaining Range Of Motion, eliminating Myofascial Trigger Points and reducing restrictive and sometimes painful fascial adhesions commonly found from repetitive movement originating from sports and the workplace. By reducing fascial adhesions, while encouraging optimal hydration levels of soft tissue, Myofascial Cupping can assist in reducing the incidence of injury and maintaining functional soft tissue.
There is no other massage technique that effectively lifts and separates soft tissue and students who take David’s class are amazed at how quickly and effectively the techniques can create positive change in soft tissue.
- Current evidence-based research supporting the benefits associated with Myofascial Cupping.
- Use of equipment, infection control and contra-indications.
- Anatomy of the fascia and its inter-relationship with the musculo-skeletal system.
- After thorough demonstrations and discussion, students will practice exact area specific sequences including correct direction and amount of negative pressure to be applied.
- Specific clinical applications including the treatment for Myofascial Trigger Points, Plantar Fasciitis and various shoulder conditions will be explored.
How does it work?
By creating a Negative Pressure (tensional) above the surface of the tissues, we decrease the atmospheric pressure allowing the tissue to be lifted and thus causing changes in pressure beneath the skin including the muscle and surrounding fascia. Importantly, our gliding technique creates a traditional MFR technique (push/compression effect) using the leading rim of the cup, which is then followed by a ‘lifting’ negative pressure over the same area (pull effect). As the cup leaves the area we once again create a push/compression effect.
- Massage & Remedial therapists
- Sport medicine professionals
- Learn to lift and separate soft tissue, rather than compression techniques which can be painful and ineffective.
- Change from the ‘thumb busting’ day in day out approach to your day in the clinic.
- Treat conditions all more effectively incorporating Negative Pressure which you cannot achieve using traditional Myofascial Release techniques.
- Create change both on a musculoskeletal and on a subtle level (dampens sympathetic division of autonomic nervous system).
- Produce painless results similar to deep tissue work.
- Offer your clients an alternative to standard massage treatments.
20 points for members of Massage & Myotherapy, ANTA & MAA; 14 points for AMT; 14 points for ATMS
Where & When:
Sydney 16-17 April 2024
Gold Coast 20-21 April 2024
Perth 27-28 April 2024
Adelaide 4-5 June 2024
GOLD COAST – Firm n Fold Massage Equipment, 18 Leda Drive, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
SYDNEY – Bankstown Sports – 8 Greenfield Pde, Bankstown NSW 2200
MELBOURNE – Victoria University – 370 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC
PERTH – Vivacious Living Centre – 9 Riseley St, Ardross WA 6153
HOBART – 7 Goshawk Way, Kingston TAS 7050
ADELAIDE – Mawson Lakes Function Centre – 10 Main St, Mawson Lakes SA
LAUNCESTON – Best Western PLUS Launceston Hotel, 3 Earl Street Launceston TAS 7250
Important Registrations Details
- Due to the popularity of these workshops, bookings cannot be confirmed until payment is received in full. Upon booking you will receive an automatically generated receipt via email. This will then be followed up within the week with an information sheet for the day.
- Students need their own cupping set to take this class. Details will be sent with your confirmation letter for pre-ordering.
- Some venues students may need to bring their massage table, this will be noted in your informaton sheet if applicable to your booking.Interim Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cancellation Policy:Credit
For workshop events, a full credit towards a future workshop on the Complementary Health Seminars website is available. The credit is good for two years from date of issue.
Transfers between courses require at least 4 weeks notice prior to the commencement of the initial event and must be of equal value.
From time to time, Workshops may be cancelled or rescheduled. If you intend booking flights or accommodation prior to the workshop, please contact us first to check the status of registrations prior to booking.
DISCLAIMER: These workshops are run by a third party provider. Firm.n.Fold act as a booking portal only. Whilst every effort is made to ensure we are promoting quality workshops, Firm.n.Fold takes no responsibility and expressly disclaims any liability in respect of the content, products or services offered by third party providers.